We have been delighted with the variety of blog posts contributed over the past week. Posts have come from parents of gifted children, teachers, researchers and advocates. We have heard from WCGTC delegates, from members, and from people who simply share our goals and are happy to join their messages with ours. Writers have joined us from Hungary, Norway, Mexico, Denmark, Vietnam, Israel, Ireland, the UK, the US, Australia, and of course from New Zealand where the 2013 World Conference will be held.
Here are the last few posts from our blog tour for the International Week of the Gifted, 2012:
- International Week of the Gifted/International YEAR of Giftedness and Creativity by Susanne.
- Creativity and Giftedness Year, and an Entrepreneurship Challenge by Or-Tal.
- Advocating for the gifted adult by Fidget Jones.
- Celebrating Global Connections during the #IWG12 by Elvira Deyamport.
- Are we doing enough for our newly identified gifted child’s parent? by Angie French.
- Great Ideas from Kiwi Kids by Mary St George and her students.
- Watch them Soar by Krissy Venosdale.
- Giftedness and: Krissy Venosdale and her Venspired Posters for Gifted Classrooms by Leslie Graves.
- The Ineffective Gifted Label by Sue Breen.
- Rarely on Sundays by Justin Schwamm.
- Opera by Hilde.
- On the Outside looking in- Making a place for ALL gifted in Gifted Education by Dr. Joy Lawson
- Giftedness and the Gathering- our Kite is flying…. by Leslie S. Graves
- #IWG12 – The International Week of the Gifted – World Council for Gifted and Talented Children’s President, Dr. Taisir Yamin – Shares his thoughts..… Taisir Yamin Phd
This time next year, we’ll be saying our goodbyes at our conference, after meeting many of the people who have been part of this blog tour in the last few days. It’s time to save up and to count down. We hope to see you there.